- knows the basic principles of mental health promotion and the prevention of mental health and substance abuse problems
- identifies key problems in mental health and substance abuse care and primary health care interventions
- knows the importance of using and developing his/her own professional personality
- knows what is meant by an approach that supports rehabilitation
- identifies key psychiatric diagnoses and medical treatment methods.
- is able to intervene in mental health and substance abuse problems and assess the need for treatment
- is able to apply knowledge of the problems of mental health and substance abuse
- is able to apply basic care methods in primary health care
- is able to apply an approach that supports rehabilitation
- recognises the psychiatric diagnoses which are assessed and treated in primary health care and is familiar with their medical care
- seeks and utilises evidence-based knowledge in his/her work
- knows the basics and specifics of medication treatment in mental health and substance abuse care.
- is able to assess the patient's needs for treatment according to the severity of the symptoms and the patient's resources, taking into account the patient’s family and network
- knows the main medication used to treat mental disorders
- identifies the most important substance abuse psychiatric diagnoses and their treatment methods.
08.08.2022 - 18.12.2022
08.06.2022 - 23.10.2022
0 - 39
Johanna Vilppola, Sirja Seppänen
Bachelor's Degree Programme in Nursing