- masters and is able to implement evidence based knowledge on advanced clinical nursing
- knows the most common illnesses and is able to recognise disturbances in vital functions of patients
- masters essentials of fluid- and pharmacotherapy and calculates accurately
- is able to analyse and implement knowledge in different stages of the nursing process for patients individually while taking family and health promotion into consideration in advanced clinical nursing
- masters varied observation and nursing methods in advanced clinical nursing
- understands ethical principles in nursing and is able to implement them in ethical decision making with patients in advanced clinical nursing
- understands the meaning of sustainability, patient safety, and professionalism via putting it into action in advanced clinical nursing
- masters individual guidance taking the needs of the person with long term condition and the family into consideration in advanced clinical nursing
- is not responsible for one’s learning, and cannot utilise feedback for professional growth
- repeatedly neglects preparation for procedures and/or implementation of the nursing process
- is not able to implement evidence based knowledge on advanced clinical nursing
- does not know the most common illnesses and is not able to recognise disturbances in vital functions of patients and is not capable of gaining the knowledge after feedback
- does not master essentials of fluid- and pharmacotherapy and calculates inaccurately
- is not able to analyse and implement knowledge in different stages of the nursing process for patients individually in advanced clinical nursing
- does not take family and health promotion into consideration in advanced clinical nursing
- does not master varied observation and nursing methods in advanced clinical nursing
- does not understand ethical principles in nursing and is not able to implement them in ethical decision making with patients in advanced clinical nursing
- does not put principles of sustainability, patient safety, and professionalism into action in advanced clinical nursing
- is not able to provide individual guidance taking the needs of the client and the family into consideration in advanced clinical nursing
Orientation session -participation is obligatory
Reflection Session - Paticipation is obligatory
6 consecutive weeks in clinical practice in health care unit placement.
Discussion on objectives and progress, mid-term and final evaluation
Medical treatment passport
Students need to fill out a medical treatment passport. They can confirm the "seen" and "done" sections themselves, but they need the instructor's confirmation for the "competent" section. For this, the student sends a link to the supervisor by e-mail.
Treatment plan from own patient (Docca)
• Evaluations take place in joint meetings between the student, supervisor and teacher. Evaluation situations will hopefully be organized at the workplace, or remotely if necessary.
• Mid-term evaluations: students, in cooperation with the supervisor, reserve a suitable time for a joint meeting with the supervising teacher.
• Final evaluation, the students, in cooperation with the supervisor, reserve a suitable time for a joint meeting with the teacher. Before the final evaluation discussion, the student should fill in the self-evaluation of the evaluation form.
The student prints the evaluation form when both the self-evaluation and the instructor's evaluation are ready and requests the instructor's signature. The student also requests the supervisor's signature on the shift table.
01.08.2022 - 31.12.2022
10.06.2022 - 31.08.2022
Tuuli Laine, Linah Oule, Nancy Kamau
Bachelor's Degree Programme in Nursing
TAMK Main Campus
During the first week, the student prepares their personal goals for the training period based on general goals and the internship environment. The student sends their goals by e-mail to the supervising teacher and supervisors as a shared document, not as an attachment. In this case, it is easy for instructors to see the changes made and write the final evaluation on the same document. The student also sends the shift list to the supervising teacher during the first week.
Completing the 228 hours in clinical setting (I.E. 38 hrs/week).
• If there are weekdays/holidays during the training period, they will be deducted from the total number of hours. If the internship involves school assignments or reflection meetings at school, they will be announced during the training.
• It is desirable for the student to nominate a supervisor (a close supervisor can also act as a close/primary nurse, the responsible nurse should be a nurse)
• The student is instructed to primarily follow the shifts of the instructor/s
• If the student falls ill, they will informs their training superviser directly before the start of the shift by phone and also during the same day to the supervising teacher by email
• As a rule, sickness absences are compensated. A sick leave certificate is required for longer sickness absences of more than 3 days.
Mandatory participation in Orientation 25.8.22.
Mandatory particpation in Reflection according to the tutor's instructions.
Setting goals for clinical training for all 13 competence areas within the first five days of clinical training, and emailing those on the official evaluation form to mentors and tutor.
Completing the tasks allocated for the clinical training environment (Docca treatment plan)
Completing 38 hrs/week in clinical setting