All materials can be found from the courses learning management system: www.netacad.com, Introduction to Networks - course
Lectures, labs, simulations, groupworks, discussions, exams, videos.
Due to the remont of C-building, this course will be taught partly as remote learning course and partly as lab course (in TAMK). All chapters will be video recorded.
The assessment is based on five assignments: module exams, laboratory assignments, theory test (final), skills test and feedback. All assignements must be approved so that the course can be assessed as approved.
The final grade consists of four parts, each with a weight of 25%:
- average of module exams,
- labs and simulations,
- skills test, and
- theory test (called Final).
- In addition, Cisco feedback must be made on the Cisco Online Academy website.
Module exams (25% of the total grade):
- The course has a total of six module exams.
- Each module exam must be passed in accordance with the evaluation table below. The limit of approved performance is 50%.
- The grade for the module exams is based on the average of average of those.
- Module exams must be performed on schedule.
- Slipping from time limits may result in a downgrade in grade of module exams.
Laboratory assignments and simulaations (25% of the total grade):
- Some Laboratory assignments with the course equipment are mandatory (approx. 10). These are rated on a pass / fail scale.
- In addition, the course has simulation tasks. These tasks are estimated by looking at the number of tasks performed according to the table below. The limit for approved performance is 50% of the simulation tasks performed.
- Both parts of the laboratory tasks must be successfully completed.
- Only the result from simulation will effect the final grade (labs must be passed though)
Theory test Final (25% of the total grade):
- Before starting the theory test, course feedback (Cisco feedback) must be made.
- This exam is a multiple-choice exam taken at the end of the course.
- The exam has questions about all modules.
- The test is performed under supervision and has 2 hours to complete.
- A windows calculator may be used as an aid during the test.
- Course material or other material must not be used during the test.
- The theory test is evaluated according to the table below. The limit of approved performance is 50%.
Skills test (25% of the total grade):
- Remote test in the last two weeks (see schedule).
- Made on the Cisco Online Academy website.
- You have 2 hours to do the test.
- Three attempts. The best result remains in effect.
- Evaluated according to the table below. The limit of approved performance is 50%.
Scoreboard in each section:
- less than 50% -> rejected
- 50.0 - 59.9% -> 1
- 60.0 - 69.9% -> 2
- 70.0 - 79.9% -> 3
- 80.0 - 89.9% -> 4
- 90.0 - 100.0% -> 5
Final grade is the average of results from Module Exams, Simulations, Skills and Final exam.
29.08.2022 - 23.12.2022
30.07.2022 - 28.08.2022
In this course we will use Cisco Networking Academy's learning management system: https://www.netacad.com
Teacher will send you guides on how to register by email before the start of this course.
Bachelor's Degree Programme in Software Engineering
TAMK Main Campus
Exam and Skills in November andDecember
Retakes in December
(Will be specified later)
Cisco Networking Academy is an internationally recognized program, and accredited in TAMK.
5 cr, circa 135 student working hours, student should be able to study 8-10 hours weekly
[will be clarified later]
Less than 50 % of the total points in average ore even one part out of 4 failed -> fail
50,0 - 59,9 % -> 1
60,0 - 69,9 % -> 2
70,0 - 79,9 % -> 3
80,0 - 89,9 % -> 4
90,0 - 100,0 % -> 5